MommyQ is a bona fide fashionista. Well, at least for a while. I’m excited to report I will be a contributing fashion blogger for News 8 Austin this year during Austin Fashion Week, August 14- 21, 2010. This is my first year involved in Austin Fashion Week and although it hasn’t officially begun yet, I’m already thoroughly excited.
My first blog post is about the fabulously talented Lisa Kennedy, an Austin-based fashion stylist and hairstylist. She has been helping me rediscover my own style, which has been slightly derailed by two pregnancies. Seriously, during my style consultation she pointed out the obvious. I own a ridiculous amount of black shirts. Lisa and I were standing in my closet together and I was like, “Oops. How did that happen?” Find out exactly what a stylist can do for you and why you don’t have to be a celebrity to have one by clicking here.
What keeps Austin so stylish? It is the eco-fashion? The thirst for individuality? The cowboy boots? Nope, it’s the people. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many of the women (and men) responsible for keeping Austinites informed and stylish. Get a fresh perspective from:
– Fashionably Austin keeps you fashionably connected to local fashion, as well as fashion catwalks around the globe. My new friend and part of the dynamic duo behind this online fashion community, Cheryly Bemis, will be reporting from these events. It’s always fun to follow Cheryl!
– Austin Slave to Fashion is shopping and styling in the ATX. She loves all things fashion and thinks everyone deserves to feel good and look good in what they wear.
– Keep Austin Stylish keeps you up-to-date with the latest fashion news and trends in the most casually chic city in Texas.
– Let your imagination run wild with Colours Marie. Go ahead, colour outside the lines.
– Austin Eavesdropper covers music, fashion, food and all things fabulous. You’re all invited to “dork out” with her and celebrate the coolness of Austin.
Get your fashion fix on Twitter: @coloursmarie, @austinstylish, @slavetofashion, @webanna, @TollyM, @ATXfashionweek, @FashionablyATX – and don’t forget me @MommyQ
2 thoughts on “Hello Fashionista Status: Austin Fashion Week Coverage”
What a great post- I am so looking forward to working with you for Fashion Week!
Can’t wait to read your take on Fashion Week. Love your style of reporting!