I know breakfast seems like a no-brainer, but what if you’ve blessed with picky eaters? My kiddos don’t like milk or eggs, so cereal and scrambled eggs don’t work in my house. Here are a few tips from Connie Evers, M.S., R.D., nutrition expert and mother of three:
1. – Get up & eat! – Get the kids up earlier on weekdays to spend time together and eat a proper breakfast.
2. – Be a role model – Moms who eat a balanced morning meal benefit and set a great example.
3. – Provide small portions – If your kiddo claims to not be hungry in the morning, offer a smaller breakfast and pack a snack.
4. – Get organized – Keep your kitchen stocked with “grab and go” foods like yogurt, bananas, grapes, juice boxes, whole grain English muffins, pita bread and Nutella. Even on the most rushed days, you can send them out the door with a balanced meal!
5. – How can Nutella be part of a balanced meal? Spread it on whole grain toast and serve it with fresh fruit. Just make sure you don’t go crazy on the portions. Eating an entire jar of Nutella in one sitting isn’t really part of the plan. 😉
I’m excited to announce a Nutella Giveaway on Droolicious! The contest will go live in the morning and the lucky winner will get THREE FREE JARS of Nutella. Click here to find the post.